TruthSSSleuth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Shaffer

Go down

Brian Shaffer Empty Brian Shaffer

Post by Ranger Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Missing:  April 2006

Brian Shaffer Dump_110

• It was the beginning of spring break for Ohio State students on March 31, 2006, and Brian Shaffer wanted his family to celebrate the beginning of vacation with him and friends that Friday night.

• He invited his brother, Derek, and Derek’s wife, Maurin, to meet him at the Ugly Tuna Saloona after their date at the Funny Bone Comedy Club.

• But the show ran late, and the high-school sweethearts decided they were too tired to visit a crowded campus bar on High Street, so they drove straight home.

• “I’ve thought about that night over and over and over for 10 years,” said Derek, now 34. “What if I had been there that night? Would things have been different? Would my brother still be here? I’ve carried that guilt around for a while.”

• Grainy video footage shows Brian entering the Ugly Tuna that night, but it never shows him exiting the bar. It shows Brian at the top of the escalator outside the bar at about 1:50 a.m. talking to women who his friend, Clint Florence, knew from Ohio State. Brian walks back inside the bar after the women leave. Florence later told police that he had seen Brian after he returned inside the bar and said they were planning to leave. But he lost track of him.

• Two nights later, Derek received a call from his dad saying Brian was missing. Derek used to believe there was a chance his brother might still be alive, but he never thought that Brian just ran off to escape his life.

• At first, Derek thought his brother was just sleeping off a long weekend at a friend’s house. Or that he was playing some kind of practical joke.  But that all changed when he saw police at his brother’s apartment and learned that all of Brian’s possessions, even his glasses, remained untouched.

Brian Shaffer Collag10

Last edited by Ranger on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranger
Ranger
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brian Shaffer Empty Re: Brian Shaffer

Post by Ranger Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Ranger
Ranger
Admin